Throw a Unique July 4th Party
As Fourth of July parties go, it can be hard to stand out. Think about it: across the United States, everyone celebrates the same country, the same flag, and the same colors. Of course, it is this national spirit that makes July 4th exciting, but a creative July 4th party is exciting, too!
This year, do things a little differently and host a unique 4th of July party. It is Independence Day, after all! Try a few of these creative July 4th party ideas in order to throw an unforgettable celebration.
- Make it a Potluck. Use Punchbowl’s potluck feature to ask guests to bring dishes. There can never be too many desserts! This will also take some of the pressure off of you to provide the entire meal - so you can focus on other things like decorations and favors!
- Go for a spin. Create a festive centerpiece in honor of the occasion. Fill a vase with red and white flowers then top it off with a sparkly, blue pinwheel.
- Berry good. For a simple and noteworthy dessert, stick to our nation’s favorite colors: red, white, and blue. Mix strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries in a bowl topped with fluffy whipped cream or yogurt. If you have some extra time, prepare individual parfaits in cups. Layer the fruit and the topping in the cup, one after the other. Then, top them off with some mini-American flags and you’ll have a treat that’s healthy, tasty, and patriotic.
- Make your own 4th of July sangria. Make festive red or white wine sangria and use only red, white, and blue fruits. For a kid’s version, try cranberry juice and seltzer!
- Mix it up. Create a playlist full of all your favorite patriotic tunes. Don’t feel pressure to stick to songs specifically about the United States. Any celebratory or summertime song will get the party rolling!
- Uncle Sam’s little helpers. Sprinklers, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk will keep the kids entertained for hours. They will become your very own decorators if you leave only the red, white, and blue colors!
- Park it. Schedule the start of your party a few hours before your town's fireworks display. When everyone is ready, grab blankets and carpool to your nearest park for a fantastic view.
- Lights, Camera, Action! If you want a fun activity for the kids, ask them to perform a skit at the party. Leave out costumes, wigs, and funny hats. Then sit back, relax, and enjoy the show! You’ll be surprised at how creative your children can be!
- Lighten up. Sparklers are a great way to brighten any evening party and they will be and instant hit with kids and adults alike!
Use a few of these creative July 4th party ideas and you’ll have a unique July 4th party that everyone will remember for years to come!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now