Are you looking for original boys and girls birthday party ideas for the winter months? A fun and unique way to celebrate your child’s winter birthday is to throw a winter carnival birthday party! The kids will have a great time with all of the fun games and activities during the carnival theme birthday. Be sure to take lots of pictures to get them all in action!
Plan a fabulous event with these carnival birthday theme ideas:
- Invitations: Send out online birthday party invitations to your guests to let them know the details of the party and to get them excited about the carnival. A winter carnival theme birthday party can be held indoors or outdoors, so be sure to advise your guests about how to dress appropriately!
- Decorations: If you are hosting your party indoors, hang paper snowflakes from your ceiling with string to give your house the feel of a winter wonderland. If your party is outdoors and there is snow on the ground, you won’t need to do much decorating!
- Food: Winter carnival theme ideas for food include carnival classics like cotton candy (you can even rent a cotton candy machine from a local party rental store), kettle corn, cracker jacks, and fried dough.
- Activities/Games: There are a wide variety of games that can be played during a winter carnival.
Snowball Toss: Prior to the party, spray Styrofoam balls with glue and then sprinkle them with glitter to look like snowballs. During the party, have the kids take turns throwing the balls into a bucket at a variety of different distances and angles.
Snow on a Spoon Relay Race: Have the kids split up into two teams. One person on each team must carry a marshmallow (“snow”) on a spoon a certain distance and then race back, and then the next person on the team goes, and so on.
Face Painting: Hire a local face painter to set up a station and paint snowflakes, snowmen, etc. on the kids’ cheeks.
Balloon Animals: Hire a local artist or get an at-home kit and make balloon animals for the kids to play with and take home as favors.
- Favors: For participating in each of these events, give out fun novelty toys and favors that the kids can add to their goody bags.
Don't struggle this year with winter birthday ideas, throw a winter carnival!