Red velvet cake pops are a delicious and festive Valentine’s Day dessert. These bite-size sweets are popular with kids and adults alike and can be served as Valentine’s Day tea party food or even at a sophisticated Valentine’s Day cocktail party. Follow the recipe below to serve up something sweet for your sweets this year!
Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Cake Pops Recipe
Ingredients and supplies:
- 1 (18 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- Other ingredients called for by cake mix (usually eggs, oil, and water)
- 12 ounces cream cheese frosting (3/4 of a can)
- 2 (24 ounce) packages vanilla candy coating
- Food coloring
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Wax paper
- Bake the red velvet cake, following the directions on the package. Set aside to cool.
- Using your hands, crumble the cake and combine with the frosting until it is evenly distributed.
- Place the bowl with your mixture into the fridge for at least a half hour to chill.
- Roll the cake mixture into small balls, around 1 – 2 inches in size and place on a sheet of wax paper. Return to the fridge while you do the next step.
- Follow the directions on the candy coating to melt it. Add food coloring to create the colors of your choice.
- Remove the cake balls from the fridge, just a few at a time. Dip a lollipop stick into the candy coating before inserting it to create the cake pop. Then dip the entire pop into the candy coating to cover.
- Decorate and stand upright in Styrofoam block to dry.
Decorating Valentine’s Day cake pops is a fun project for the whole family. Experiment with different colored candy, sprinkles, edible glitter, and other festive decorations. Enjoy being creative together!