When you turn a party into a potluck, everyone benefits. The host won't have to do all the work, each guest gets to bring something they love, and hopefully there are enough leftovers to make meals for the rest of the week! Hosting a potluck though Punchbowl makes it even easier too. When you create your event, the potluck tool allows all the guests to note what they'll bring so there isn't any overlap. Looking for ideas of what to make? Check out these winter potluck recipes and share your homemade goodness with everyone.
Potluck dishes for winter:
- Beef, turkey or vegetarian chili
- Macaroni and cheese
- Lasagna with fresh bread
- Individual cups of Cobb salad
- Potatoes au Gratin
- Green bean casserole
- Beef stew
Potluck ideas for winter:
- Make the potluck a theme and have everyone bring a dish related to a type of food, based on a holiday movie, or make it a competition and have every make a different kind of chili, for example.
- Have guests bring an extra few servings of their dish in a reuseable container. Swap dishes with all the guest so everyone takes a meal home.
- Base the winter potluck menus around the holiday. Ask guests to bring festive themed food or traditional Christmas, Hanukkah, or New Year's dishes.
Do a winter potluck recipe exchange at the meal and have everyone bring a copy of their recipe and swap for new ideas for meals. Winter potluck ideas can also be passed down from year to year and made into a cherished tradition! Need an invitation for your celebration? Try one of our free Christmas party invites!