Mother's Day Decorations
Mother’s Day decorations are a great way to show your mom how important she is to you! Whether you are hosting a brunch, sending out Mother's Day cards, or just spending the day relaxing at home with your family, decorating for Mother’s Day can be as simple or elegant as you want. Here are some great ideas to help you decorate for this special day:
- Flower Bouquet: A lovely flower bouquet is a great Mother’s Day decorating idea to add beauty and fragrance to the room. Fill up a few vases with fresh flowers from your garden or purchase a few bouquets from your local florist. Tulips are a fabulous choice for a spring occasion like Mother's Day. Present the bouquets to Mom in the morning, then she'll be able to enjoy them throughout the day and during the week.
- Balloons and Banner: Hang a “Happy Mother’s Day!” banner in kitchen or living room. You can also decorate using balloons, streamers, and confetti. When your mom walks into the room, she will be surprised with all of the nice decorations!
- Table setting: Whether you're having a Mother's Day brunch or special dinner, set up a beautiful Mother’s Day table setting for the celebration. Cover the table with a white linen table cloth, then place a light purple or green table runner down the center of your table. For the table centerpiece, use a beautiful bouquet of flowers or a tall cylinder vase with a lovely candle burning inside. Use colorful serving plates and lovely china to create a beautiful spring look for your table. Another great idea is to place a small gift at the place setting for each mother that will be attending your Mother’s Day brunch or dinner.
- Pictures: A nice Mother’s Day decorating idea is to hang up a variety of family photos. Dig out some old family photos and make a collage of the generations of your family growing up through the years. This collage is a great way to honor the mothers in your family. It is also a great keepsake for them to remember this special day!
- Outdoor Decorations: If you are hosting a backyard barbecue or garden party to celebrate Mother’s Day, there are many great outdoor decorations that you can use for the celebration. String lights and set up bamboo tiki torches around your yard. If your yard or deck gets a lot of sunlight, be sure to set up plenty of patio umbrellas to provide shade to the people that want it. Set up a variety of potted flower pants around your deck. Be sure to tell each other mothers at your party that they can take one home with them as a Mother’s Day gift!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now