A holiday party just isn't complete without an array of yummy holiday party appetizers to pass around for the guests to nibble on. Having appetizers doesn't necessarily mean more work. Appetizers for a holiday party can be as simple as chips and dip or a variety of store-bought platters. Often times, the most popular holiday party appetizer is melted Cheese Whiz and salsa with tortilla chips! If you're a bit more adventurous, try these easy holiday party appetizers to make your celebration a huge hit.
Holiday party appetizer recipes:
- Goat Cheese and Fig Bruschetta: Cut up a loaf of fresh bruschetta and brush with olive oil, salt, pepper and some balsamic vinegar. Spread an even layer of soft goat cheese and top with a fig spread. Bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes and cut before serving.
- Caprese Sticks: Purchase marinated mozzarella balls, baby tomatoes and some fresh basil. Alternate between the three on a skewer and brush with olive oil and vinegar before serving.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 5 ounces shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
Combine first six ingredients and a cup of Pepper Jack cheese. Add spinach and artichokes and spoon into greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with crackers and cut vegetables.
Ask friends and family for a favorite holiday appetizer idea or share a bunch of holiday party recipes with a group of friends so everyone has plenty of ideas of what to serve before meals during the holidays.
Here’s one of our favorite free Christmas invitation designs to kick off your celebration!